The Real Spanish Potatoes and Red Pepper Tortilla
From Antonio, wine producer in Spain.
Ingredients (for 8 persons)
500 gr of potatoes
1 red pepper
½ tablespoon of curry powder
2 spoons of thin cut parsley
- Preheat the oven at 200°. Peel the potatoes, wash them and cut them into washers. Rinse the washers with cold water and drain. Cut the red pepper in half, seed it en cut in small pieces.
- Fry the chopped onion 5min in a pan with a bit of olive oil. Add the potatoes and hit it for 10min stirring from time to time delicately not to break the washers and add the chopped red pepper.
- Beat lightly the eggs in a bowl, add the parsley, the curry, salt and pepper. Then add the vegetables cooked.
- Pour the preparation in an oiled rectangular mould up to 4cm. And put in the ove, for 20min. The tortilla should be solid and golden.
- Serve cold or warm in big cubes with a green salad.
A Beaujolais Village with fresh red fruit and floral notes will go perfectly with the moist of the omelet thanks to the suppleness of the tannins.