The Famous French Bœuf Bourguignon by our dear Calvet grand mother Grand Mi
By our dear Calvet grand mother Grand Mi
1 big white onion
250g/person of tender beef filets cut in big square chunks
1 bottle of good wine (barolo, chianti, rioja..)
Salt, Pepper, Rosemary, thym, laurel, garlic, olive oil, butter
2 pieces of dark chocolate
2 spoons of white flour (or maïzena)
500g of mushrooms
- Heat butter and olive oil in a big pot and add the chopped onion until it turns golden. Add the chunks of meat, sprinkle with the flour and cook until all sides are brown.
- Cook the potatoes in water.
- Add some red wine and a little of water in the pot to cover the whole of the meat. Season with the herbs, salt, pepper, the garlic and the chocolate. Cook at low heat for 2 hours and a half.
- Cook in a little butter the mushrooms in a pan and add to pot at the end of cooking. The dish will be ready when you can cut the meat with a fork and the gravy is really creamy.
- Serve with the potatoes. Bon appétit!
To pair the great flavours of this dish, serve with a bold flavoured wine such as a Chilean